Thursday, May 6, 2010

Silver Fox Strikes Again

I am throwing myself into the blogosphere with full force.  Because truth is stranger than fiction and my job and dating life are nothing but the truth (stranger than fiction) it's time to share my topsy turvy crazy life with friends, family and the world.

First, a little background.  I was recently employed by an insurance company selling....wait for it....funeral plans. Yep, my goal is to put the "fun" back into funeral planning. Essentially, I meet with people who want to plan in advance and save their families lots of heartache, stress and of course, the all important dollar. 

This is my first story (but it for sure will not be the last). 

I have an 83 yr. old "boyfriend".  Here is how it went down:

I was at an undisclosed assisted living center helping a certain senior citizen with his funeral plans.  His best bud wanted to chat with me after we were done.  I had to interrupt the Mr. Keyboard piano player who was mesmerizing the crowd with soothing love songs from the 50's and 60's.  I suppose this could have been considered our first "date".   Rock on piano man, ROCK ON!!!! 

Silver Fox was happy to chat with me despite the fact that he could barely make it without his walker but we managed to find a place to sit down to talk about planning his funeral.  About 20 minutes into our conversation, a German woman with red hair walked by.  He called out (during the middle of our disussion) , "Hey Red!"  She is a potential future resident of the undisclosed assisted living center.  They began a big flirt session, which frankly, was a little uncomfortable to watch.  She kept asking me if I was his daughter.  (For the record, he is old enough to be my grandfather).  He kept insisting that what we were talking about was pure business.  Little did I know that would all change overnight.

He continues to call incessantly.  At first, there were no messages, so I didn't know who it was calling me over and over.  Then, there were a few messages.  I called the undisclosed assisted living center to return his call.  To make a long story slightly shorter, we will fast forward to today.

A woman was on the phone for me.  I didn't recognize her name and took the call.  She told me that she was Silver Fox's daughter, then without warning, she told me that her father didn't want a funeral plan, he wanted to marry me.  Yes, that's correct.  I could pull an Anna Nicole Smith and get engaged tomorrow if I want.  This man really knows how to work it.  He told me he has two ex-wives and 3 girlfriends and other undisclosed assisted living centers across the Wasatch Front.  Silver Fox's daughter and I had a lovely conversation and she instructed me that it would be best to not return his calls.  He would soon move on to someone else.  She told me that she asked him how old I was which he didn't know but that I had kids.  (Um, no.  I am kidless).  I got another rather urgent call from him tonight.  The message was basically that he wanted to get together with me and if I didn't want to, then FINE!  And so it goes......

7 comments:

  1. Am I seriously the first comment?
    WELCOME to blogging world! I can't wait to read about your adventures! Did you ever find out if Silver Fox was rich by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be your second comment as well. Did you know you can forward the comments to your email which then goes to your phone and while you are running around meeting with the Silver Fox's of the world you get to see the fun comments people leave for you. Can I add you to my blog roll reader list or are you going to take this private?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! I can hardly wait to see what's next in your many (mis)adventures! Welcome to the blog-o-sphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If he's a billionaire then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray Kristi is blogging! Adding it to my favorites list immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stories! At least this guy isn't mobile or you may have a stalker on your hands. How fast can a Jazzie move?

    ReplyDelete
  7. best story of all time. cant wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete